04 March 2012

St. Honoré

So my parents are coming to visit next week and I could not be looking more forward to their visit.

Gisèle and I have been discussing all the things we want them to do and taste while they're here. Now that Gisèle has been to visit my parents in CT and has discovered my father's sweet tooth, she has lots of ideas.

We have decided that my father needs to do a sampling of all the traditional French desserts: Millefeuille, Paris-Brest, St. Honoré, etc, hand-selected from the patisseries that do them best. Naturally, this requires testing the aforementioned pastries at local bakeries to see who makes the best version.

Our first taste test was this Friday, I present to you the St. Honoré, apparently named after the patron saint of bakers (only the French). It's a small cluster of cream puffs dipped in caramelized sugar, topped with whipped cream:

A bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment