02 May 2012

This is How my Friends and I do Vacation


After gorging myself on museums and macaroons I came back to Toulouse where I met Emma and Helen (my girlfriends from study abroad who are also assistants in France and who I went to Budapest with) where we spent the next 4 days doing nothing but cooking, restauranting, drinking, and walking the city with no place in particular to go. We finished their visit with a double movie feature of Titanic 3D and The Hunger Games; Shameless. But hey, it was raining, what else were we supposed to do??

Here are some photos of what we ate, I mean did, while they were here:
Helen and I at La Pref, Toulouse, France

Great family style Vietnamese food at Chez Pham,
rue Mage, Toulouse, France
Self serve desserts = great idea.
Pho soup
Clean dishes
Helen pressing her dough into the pan
Goat cheese and fig tarte in the making



Bon apetit 
 I had wanted to make Emma and Helen a dinner using products, meats and cheeses from the region:
Roasted sweet potatoes, onions and asparagus 

Wrapping from the butcher where I bought Saucisse de Toulouse for dinner
Saucisse de Toulouse and Merguez sausages
Rocamadour, cheese from the region
Place Mage, Toulouse, France
Supplies for a fruit salad

Sunday Brunch, fruit salad, scrambled eggs, and fig baguettte toast

No comments:

Post a Comment